It has been a year since my first blog post ! Wow time really flies when you are having fun. To call this fun would be an understatement I feel for the first time in my life I have found my voice. I have spent a good part of my life always worrying about what other people thought of me. I could have never started this blog when I was 20 I didn't have the confidence... my low self esteem wouldn't have allowed me to take this ride but I guess with age and maturity you stop caring so much about what people think and start to listen to that little voice inside of you that says" Girl you can do this!"

I am a 41 single mother of 2 awesome kids and money is tight sometimes and I wanted other women that have the same hardships to know that it is not about what is in your bank account . You can still be fabulous at any price point!  Just because you have the high end designer brands doesn't make your stylish. Now let's not get it twisted..  I love finding designer brands but believe me they will be at a huge discount. 

I have gained so much in this year . I have gained tremendous confidence and the knowledge that I can still be fashionable and fabulous at 41 . I have made so many friends on social media. I work in an office with mostly men and they could careless what my #OTTD is but my girls on Instagram do. I have really started to think out the box when it comes to fashion . I have learned how to remix my closet to get even more outfit choices from other bloggers and instagram friends. I have learned that my teenagers can be excellent photographers ( yeah they are rolling their eyes right now) LOL. 

I think the greatest moment of this past year when my daughter  said to me " Mommy I am proud of you for following your passion" How good did that make me feel to hear my 16 year old daughter say that to me ? I still tear up thinking about it.  I think for the first time I am doing something that I am passionate about.  If this little blog  inspires my baby girl to follow her passions than this  it surpasses any expectations I had.

Thank you for reading this post and thanking all my social media friends that I love dearly . To show my appreciation I giving away a giftcard to my favorite online boutique Ash and Co's Closet on my Instagram. Head over there for details and good luck!


 I can't wait to see what Curlybyrdie is chirping about in year 2

XOXO