There is so much craziness going on in the world right now it's so easy to get caught in the negative and forget all the things that you have to be thankful for.  This has been a hard year for my family we have family members in and out of the hospital , some suffering from terminal sickness. It is times like these that really makes you appreciate what is really important . The little things you take for granted suddenly becomes the big things in your life.  

Things I am Most Thankful For

1) My Faith- Without my faith I am not sure where I would be. When I have no one else I know there is someone who will always be there for me and that is Jesus.  As I have gotten older my faith has changed I always prayed that is the way I was brought up but now I talk to God and he answers it may not be the direct answer that we are looking but he always answers.

2) My Family- now more than ever in my life have I understand the importance of family. Don't get me wrong I always loved my family but as you get older and you start realizing that tomorrow really is never promised you develop a deeper appreciation of your loved ones. You start to savor the taste of your Aunt's Apple pie a little more.  You learn to hold your Mom a little tighter when she hugs you. That cup of coffee that you have with your teenage daughter becomes a little sweeter.

3)Good Friends- I am 42 and have a handful of really good friends . The kind of friends that you can cry about the same thing over and over again and they will still listen but they will also tell you want you need to hear and not what you want to hear.  You don't need a dozen friends .. you need a few good ones and I am fortunate. 

4)My Health- Good health is something that you can't buy. I am thankful that I am fairly healthy and able to work to support my kids. 

5) The Lessons- I am thankful for things I have learned weather it be from a mistake or by any other means. My Mom always tells me it wasn't a waste of time if you learned something from it... and let's just say I have learned some good lessons this past year

6) This Blog- I can't even begin to express how thankful I am that I started this little ole blog. The connections and opportunities have been wonderful but most importantly the friendships that I have developed.  When I started this blog over a year ago I was 40 year old woman that felt kind of washed up.. I needed something that was mine that mattered to me something that made me excited . If that makes any sense. I had my job , my kids, my family and friends but I needed a creative outlet that was just mine. I am thankful for the journey and I can' t wait to see where it takes me.

7) You- I am thankful for you and anyone else that have ever taken the time out their day to read any of my blogposts it means the world to me. 

Happy Thanksgiving!