As a woman over 40 or should I say a lady a little more seasoned... LOL . I tread the waters carefully when it comes to trends . I understand that there are just some trends that I just can't get aboard on or probably shouldn't, but this Off the Shoulder thing has two thumbs from this curly fashionista . What I love about this look is that it is universally flattering on all body types it shows of those shoulders and the color bone area which is actually one of my favorite parts of my body and I think many women feel the same way.   If you are pear shaped, apple shaped even banana shaped (is that a shape?) it just somehow looks great and gives a little bit of sexiness without showing to much.  






 This off the shoulder top was such an awesome deal at Express like $10 but I would have paid more. It is just a staple piece that can carry you all spring and summer long. I love pieces that are inexpensive but but current and you can feel totally on trend without a huge investment. I decided to style this striped top with this patterned palazzo pants so I am also pattern mixing which I love to do . Remember those days when you didn't do stripes with plaid oh honey those days are over . I am an avid pattern mixer it just keeps everything a lot more interesting. 








                           
                          Top - Express (sim), Pants - NY and Company (sim), Bag - Kohl's (here)
                                   
                                                               
 Well I am dress girl so I had to throw a  dress in the mix. I love nice light and flowy dresses for the warmer months this off the shoulder gives that feminine romantic feel but this dress also adds an element of sexy with the dark floral pattern and  black lace.  This dress makes me feel like dancing it would be perfect for the date night or perhaps just a night out with this girls .




                                                           

Dress - (sim) , Plus size (here), Shoes -Jcpenney -(here)






So ladies are you about that "Off the Shoulder " life  ? Do you think this a trend that  you will give a try ? I think you should you may be pleasantly surprised and their doesn't have to be a lot of investment involved and you will still feel like you are on trend. Not how sweet is that? 

I want to thank you for stopping by it 's always a pleasure . 

       XOXO - Mary aka Curlybyrdie