We are now at the start of a brand New Year ! Can you believe it ? I know I am having a hard time adjusting to time going by so fast .  As I grow older and wiser I might add I now see that time really waits on one so enjoy each and every moment and take time out to smell the roses .

The biggest event of my life in 2016 was my daughter leaving for college. I mean it was like the most painful breakup ever.  You know that feeling when you cry yourself to sleep and than you wake up and you still crying.. oh that was me .  Don't get me wrong I am so very proud of this young women but it meant a new chapter in both our lives and I wasn't ready.   She now has a semester down and we both seem to be adjusting just fine.  I also left a job that I had for over 9 years and started a new one so that was change that was much needed in my life little did I know at the time.  I have learned that God moves you when he wants you to move. 





Late in 2015 a friend and I who happens to a talented photographer Casey Brothers  had a plan to start a program to empower local women who have faced some sort of adversity in their life by awarding them a day of beauty and pampering we called in the You Go Girl Project.  In 2016 that plan came into fruition and in January we had our first "You Go Girl " Denise and we have honored 11 more women in the community with the help of very generous  local organizations and people in the Fort Wayne area . This has been the most rewarding thing that I have every been part of my life.  This project and these women have taught me so much in the past 12 months and it feel like I am making a small difference in some one's life. 

You can watch videos below to hear more about this project 



Our August You Go Girl the Amazing Sarah! 



It has also been an awesome year for my blog . This little outlet I created 3 years ago has grown beyond my expectations . Honestly I had no expectation when I started this little corner on the Internet and my oh my it has changed my life beyond words.  I am humbled and oh so thankful

My collaboration with Kohl's for there "Everyday Runway " campaign  was so amazing! Not only did I work with a store that I love and frequent quite often. If you don't believe me show the manager in Fort Wayne my photo he knows me ..LOL .  I also got the opportunity to meet 4 pretty awesome women that I followed when I first started blog who affectionately referred to as my #fashionistasister  I am thankful and oh so humbled .

Video from my that experience 












It's always a good feeling when someone else appreciates what  you do . I was so humbled and excited  to be featured in different publications over the year. 





1\ Women of More Magazine 2\Star Central Magazine 3\The Outfit 4\Locally Made Monday 5/Kit Magazine


             
2016 proved to me that I am so much more than a Fashionista a title that I wear proudly wear but there are defiantly more layers to this onion. I was lucky enough to connect with amazing like minded women and find myself a public speaker to empower you girls  as well as helping orchestrate a fashion show for the empowerment of women.  If you have asked me a year ago it I would ever be a public speaker than answer would have been no! This was the year this Byrdie went out on a limb and guess what it didn't break . It's all about who you are you surrounding yourself with are they speaking life into you? Are they motivating you to do better or find your MORE. I am fortunate to have people in my life that do both.   I feel so lucky that I had opportunities to use my VOICE  to help with the motivation of other human beings. That is what it really it all about it making a difference in someones life and you may view it as a small thing but to one person it may be something that is life changing. 


“From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.” ~ Arthur Ashe


                     Fort Wayne Makeover Conference and Fort Wayne Girlz R4ock 

If I ever doubted that the 40's are fabulous than meeting an amazing group of Fashionista's who are all over 40 will push all of those doubts out of my head.  In 2016 I was invited to be a part #Fab40s and international groups of fashion forward women that are all "Fabulous " in their 40's . Every month we select a theme and we each create out interpretation of what that theme is.  I have had such wonderful time with this and met some pretty awesome women in the process. I can't wait to see what 2017 has in store for us. 



                                                        Fab 40's do Preppy 


                                 
                                     You can read more about our Preppy Look (here) and meet these ladies 

As I go forward in 2017 I hope to continue to grow and to learn and do more to make an impact in my community.  Every year I leave behind there is sadness maybe because I always think of people I have lost or feel me getting a year older and maybe I am not exactly where I want to be in life .  Than I think I am still here and God has blessed me with a new opportunity to live another year that is full of possibilities and it's up to me. 




                                                 Wishing you a very Happy New Year ! 

                                                     XOXO Mary aka Curlybyrdie